The continuous liners in situ are a solution to resolve the problems generated by inner corrosion in the pipes that transport corrosive or abrasive fluids.
This solution is applicable to both new and old polyducts with different corrosion advance.
PSS has created an alliance with Latintub (www.latintub.com.ar) that allow us to take advantage of the synergy between both companies in the solution of complicate problems with capacity of execution and professional experience of a high technological level.
- It starts with the Liner design (reduction of the PEAD pipe diameter to the minimum, in order to obtain a high adherence from the steel pipe).
- Selection of the material compatible with the fluid that will be transported and the aqueduct operation conditions.
- Installation engineering:: according to the conditions of planialtimetry of the aqueduct, PSS will determine the maximum longitudes for each section of the installation, with the objective of minimizing the quantity of aqueduct sections.
- PEAD pipe provision: PSS will provide the PEAD pipe in enough quantity and quality for the totality of the aqueduct.
- Flanges joints: the selected sections in the application engineering stage will be connected with the correct flanges joints according to the class and rating of the operation. PSS will provide a typical plane of the joint. PSS will provide the vents that will be placed in each flange joint.
- Cleanness and calibration degree verification: PSS will have to perform a cleaning verification run with an adequate scrapper and a calibrator plate that can detect possible reductions in the inner diameter.
- Liner assembly: PSS will provide the necessary equipment and workforce to make the thermofusion of the tubing and the insertion. PSS will have to present a schedule at the beginning of the activity with the tasks that includes the parade activities, thermofusion, preparation of sections and insertion.
- Data Book: PSS will deliver a report at the end of the project with the basic information of the project, photographic register, blueprints and typical designs, the certification of the installation materials and all the relevant information for the purpose of update the aqueduct’s blueprint as constructed.